Tuesday 15 March 2011

Hummus & falafel wraps

After working on or around Charlotte St for 2 years, I have exhausted all possible budget lunchtime eats. There is a certain lazy pleasure in having your lunch made for you each day, although the £4 price tag has left my bank balance weeping. Having eaten my fill of Pret sandwiches and Eat soups’ I’ve decided to start making my lunch again and have been surprised at how much more enjoyable it is. This week I’ve been eating hummus & falafel wraps, with cherry tomatoes, red onion, gherkins and rocket. Not only are they delicious, but at £1.50 a day they’re a bargain too (although as my lovely manager Matt pointed out, I will have onion breath all afternoon!). I’ve been using Cauldron’s falafels, which are a little dry in comparison to the great freshly made ones from Hoxton Beach Falafel on Goodge Place (highly recommended for a Friday treat – at £4.50 not something to eat every day), but that’s to be expected if they come from a packet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment