Wednesday 4 January 2012

Baked Eggs with Sauteed Mushrooms & Spinach

Baked eggs have become my new breakfast obsession. With butter, creme fraiche and cheese, these aren't the ideal healthy breakfast everyone seems obsessed with in January, but for a weekend treat they are delicious. I love garlic, so I was quite heavy handed with it, but just use the one clove if you're not as keen as I am.



Serves 2
3 chesnut mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
A big handful of spinach
2 free range eggs
2 teaspoons of half fat creme fraiche
20g Gruyere, grated
Toast to serve
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and pop a baking sheet in to warm up
  2. Gently cook the mushrooms and garlic in a little butter until softened, then add the spinach and gently cook until it has wilted
  3. Divide the mixture between two ramekin dishes, crack an egg over the top and season. Add a teaspoon of the half fat creme fraiche to each ramekin and top with the Gruyere. Place the ramekins onto the pre-heated baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes for soft egg yolks and 15 minutes for hard







9 comments:

  1. You need some egg coddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. buy vietnamese food singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. golden tickets mushroom bar

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. ketamine treatment for depressio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Wavy bars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. Wavy bars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. one up mushroom bar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog!+B203:B223 buy mescaline online

    ReplyDelete