Monday 25 April 2011

Ziloufs - Upper St

This weekend was my housemates last in London before a 5 month trip to the US of A so we decided to go for brunch at Ziloufs, which is one of our favourite places. It's a small bar/restaurant at the Highbury end of Upper St, they serve Asian food in the evening but also have a fantastic brunch menu. I've eaten the full English before, which on a hangover is out of this world, but on Saturday I decided to go for eggs Benedict with smoked salmon.


Brunch with cocktails - perfect
Eggs Benedict is probably my all time favourite breakfast and when you add salmon into the mix, it's pretty much incredible. It was served on freshly made sourdough toast and topped with a rich hollandaise sauce. The salmon was thickly cut and the eggs were perfectly poached. My only slight criticism is that there could have been slightly less hollandaise but other than that it really was amazing!

Best ever eggs Benedict
We decided to have cocktails on the side which is a little OTT for breakfast but bank holidays do dictate that you should drink excessively. I had an espresso martini, which I'd happily drink any time of the day but it's a perfect pick me up after a few too many ciders in the pub garden the night before. Linz had a bloody Mary, which I'm told was excellent.

Linz's brunch
Ziloufs is one of the few bars in London which have a happy hour on Saturday night (until 7pm), anywhere which serves 241 lychee martinis gets my vote! It's great for breakfast, dinner, or a few cocktails to start your evening off and is especially nice during the summer as there are huge windows which fold back to let the fresh air in.

Ziloufs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment