Wednesday 14 September 2011

Roast Duck Legs with a Red Wine Sauce

This weeks Sunday night dinner again came from Good Food. I reduced the recipe for just the 2 of us, but kept the same amount of garlic, rosemary and five spice and used 250ml of red wine as I like plenty of sauce. It's a really simple recipe to follow and a good alternative to a roast dinner if there are only a few of you.

I served the duck with sweet potato mash and braised leeks. I put the sweet potatoes in the oven with duck, when the flesh was soft I peeled off the skin and mashed them with a little low fat creme fraiche and seasoning. I softened the leeks in butter, then added some vegetable stock and left them to braise for 10 minutes on a low heat. Yum!

Little duck legs resting before the oven:


Crispy duck & red wine sauce:


Braised leeks & sweet potato mash:


Ready to eat:

No comments:

Post a Comment